Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fails To Show That This Disability Has Been Clinically Diagnosed

Rate this question

kaosama05

Question

Hello everyone,

First off let me say thanks to every one who posts on here, the information that I have read on here has helped me allot. I recently was denied for my claims of cervical spine condition, thracolumbar spine condition and right shoulder condition. All three conditions in my decision letter state that they are denied because the medical evidence of record fails to show that this disability has been clinically diagnosed. From this I get that my issues are in my records but because I don't have a named diagnoses I am denied. I have tons of in service treatment records from Docs and military neurologists stating that something is going on but they can't put their finger on it. One of the neurologists when I was in thought that I might have parsonage turner syndrome. I have been to my doctor who sent me to a neurologists who did tons of tests and states that my test show some nonspecific myopathic findings. I was awarded degenerative knee joint disease for only two entry's in my service records about knee trauma without having degenerative knee joint disease clinically diagnosed in my records. How do I handle this from here? Do one of my doctors have to make some sort of diagnosis? I have all my military medical records and the records from my neurologist. Can someone help me figure out my next move.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am not a doctor.

However degenerative joint disease is also termed as osteoarthritis and can,in time, affect many joints in the body.

Parsonage turner syndrome is fairly rare.

“Do one of my doctors have to make some sort of diagnosis? “

Yes, and they might want to consider the fact that you already have DJD in your knees and this conditions(osteoarthritis) can affect other joints as well in time.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2932

Have you ever been seen by a rheumatologist or an orthopedist ?

A Neurologist specializes in disorders of the human nerve system.They are good at what they do but this appears to me to be an advancement of your SC degenerative jiont disorder into your spine.

This BVA case makes the point I am trying to make:

Since osteosarthritis is apparently (from what I gathered at many internet sites) the same as DJD, then as this case shows ,it can affect joints in different areas of the body.

ORDER

Service connection for osteoarthritis of both ankles, both 
knees, and the low back, is granted.  

Service connection for a psychiatric disorder is denied.
http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp04/Files2/0414774.txt

Thanks Berta. I understand now.

I really appreciate all the help everyone keeps giving me. Thanks again