Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To All Blue Water Navy Widows Denied Dic

Rate this question

Berta

Question

If you have death cert or autopsy with any AO presumptive disability listed as causing and or contributing to your husband's death and the VA denied your DIC claim-

I have asked Richard Spataro- attorney with NVLSP for them to clarify what widows should do to re-open these AO DIC claims.

They forgot about us-

that's OK- this news was big and they wanted to get it out fast-

All AO widows are covered by Nehmer Class Action lawsuit- I am 99% sure on that but have asked NVLSP in DC to clarify and state how widows should procede in new or re-opened AO claims for DIC that were denied in the past-

if their spouse was Blue Water Navy , VSM, and had a presumptive Agent Orange condition listed on death certifiicate or autopsy as contributing to or causing their death.

All AO presumptive conditions are listed at hadit.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

You are so right. I have just been so burned-up and excited at the same time that I was only thinking about my live buddies. There are several that have died, of cancer, and there is work to be done. So many just want to forget it. One buddy is diabetes II; he is denying that chemicals had anything to do with it, and he says that his father had diabetes.

Genetically, I have heard that diabetes skips a generation and is carried through the mother. I did try, but he was adamant as if he would not discuss it further.

This shows me that so many have been dishonored, by denials in early years, that they do not even want to discuss it further. Looks like the VA is going to have a hard time even finding many of these people.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Berta,

Just a question I have. What if those widowed spouses did not ever file a DIC claim because they did not think that their veteran spouses qualified since they were Blue Water Vets. Wonder if they will be allowed to now file a new claim based on this recent change?

mssoup1

They should file a claim-

Nehmer has EEDs unlike any other provision in 38 CFR. I asked NVLSP to state and clarify what the situation is regarding Blue Water AO widows. I will post their reply.

Widows are going to need special help with these claims-

If they get a vet rep they should ask the rep what he/she knows about the Nehmer Court Order and Stipulation regarding Retroactive dates And ask him/her to determine what category they are in re: the Nehmer class action suit.

If the vet rep says HUH? they should get a different vet rep.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.