Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This A Possible Cue?

Rate this question

Wolfhound88

Question

Hi All,

I have a quick question about this...Below is what was taken off my "Your Disabilities" page on Ebennies. When I got out of the Army, my medical records show that I had the same problem with BOTH my feet. At the time, however, they rated my right foot as 0%. It wasn't until I went back in 2011 to have a review that they re-rated my right foot for 10% as well. Shouldn't they have caught that back in 1991? I'm not familiar with the process, but just thought it was a little funny. Is this possibly a CUE case?

hallux limitus, left foot with degenerative changes to the first metatarsalphalangeal(previously evaluated as hallux vulgus) 10% Service-Connected 06/28/1991

hallux limitus, right foot with degenerative changes to the first metatarsalphalangeal with residual surgical scar(s)(previously evaluated as hallux valgus) 10% Service-Connected 09/06/2011

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

When did you first claim the right foot?

"Shouldn't they have caught that back in 1991?"

If it was formally claimed then and the medical evidence warranted a ratable level at that time.

Do you still have the 1991 decision and can you scan and post the Reasons and bases here? Cover name, address, C file number before scanning it...

I do know that I first claimed it at the same time I claimed the left, however...and already by 1996 when it was operated on via private health insurance, it was worse than the left foot, so they operated on that one first.