Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Question

Rate this question

Private Bryan

Question

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on FDC timetables and whether or not I should start asking questions. I filed an increase in Sept and submitted the FDC application. I have had my C&P(Feb 19). the claim moved to REVIEW on Feb 20. It has been almost 180 days. Is the 90 day timeline wishful thinking for these? Is there any chance my claim has been marked as way overdue for an FDC? or is this just like the rest of the claims, FDC or not it will be closer to a year? Been at this since 2010 so I know we all have to wait, just wish they didn't even mention 90 days. Thanks.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I filed for an increase under FDC last April and had an answer within 90 days so it can definitely be done. I don't know how the VA tracks FDC's so it's hard to say if they have a process for overdue claims. I would probably check and see what's going on. The whole reason the FDC process was implemented was to speed things up. Since you're not adding anything to the claim, I can't see why it would take a long time. Having said that, your C&P is done so I doubt it'll take a year.

Private it depends on what State you are in, and what RO you have. I live in Texas and Waco RO is averaging 10 to 14 months on FDCs. I filed my FDC is Sep 13, had my C&Ps 2/14/14 and I am still at Gathering of Evidence, even though the RO received the C&P Reports on 2/18/14. So your claim is moving faster than mine bud. Good luck to both of us, and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

As you can see, there are a variety of experiences with FDCs. If you have a VSO, check with them. If you don't, use the IRIS email question system to ask about your status. A question to ask is whether or not your claim is an FDC. There are a few things that will make the RO shift the claim from FDC to traditional.

Typically, the FDC is faster than the traditional claim from most accounts on this site. Six months isn't outside the norm. My last one took five months.