VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Response (department Of Veterans Affairs)

Rate this question

kris

Question

Berta, I wrote the VA as you suggested and asked the status of my claim, this is the email that was sent back to me.

Your appeal is awaiting the last two steps in the process. Your claim folder is in the post determination team. This team updates the data base in our system, writes to the claimant to include the rating decision and if applicable, also notifies the treasury department if monies are due. It takes approximately 45 days for this part of the process. You will be notified in writing with the results.

Again my CP exam was early June, can you tell me what any of this means.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It looks like the Appeals Team made a decision regarding your appeal. However, what doesn't make sense is most of the time the Appeals Team can/will promilugate the decision themselves because the Appeals Team is a self functioning unit within the regional office. The Appeals Team may have sent your decision to the Post Determination Team due to a dependency issue or a pay issue as they stated in their response. If it was a dependency issue, the Apeals Team can take care of that themselves also, so I don't what happened there. Maybe the Appeal Team at your RO is just really backlogged and they are sending all their decisions to the Post Determination Team to try and speed things up a bit??

At any rate, you should be receiving a decision pretty soon regarding your appeal.

Vike 17