VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu C&ps Complete But...now I Have Questions

Rate this question

gtdac

Question

Well just completed my last IU C&Ps (for now). I have looked reviewed all the exams except for my hearing, which has not posted in MHV yet. As I look over the C&P exam I noticed the following:

1. Flatfoot - Functional Impact...Does the vet condition impact his or her ability to work? YES
2. Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (arthritic knees)...Functional Impact...Does the vet condition impact his or her ability to work? YES
3. Headaches (Migraines)...Functional Impact...Does the vet condition impact his or her ability to work? YES
4. Respiratory Condiiton (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: Intertistial Restrictive Lung Disease)...Functional Impact...Does the vet condition impact his or her ability to work? YES

However under the final comments in regards to IU the doc wrote: The vet is unlikely to be able to do a significantly physically demanding job mainly becasue of his SC lungs & knee problems, however he is libkely to be able to do mild & sedentary type of employment. Does this statement conflict with his above comments? How would raters looks at this in regards to IU?

Thanks,
Glen

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just my gut but that sounds like a way out for the RO. I had a similar IU exam in 2010 and under every exam (10) they put it affected my ability to work. The examiner did not put a statement in about being able to do any type of work. Luckily or unluckily depending how you look at it my mental examiner wrote that my mental condition itself could keep me from working but combined with my back issue I was severely impaired. Is your only health care the VA? It would be nice to have another doctor state you can't do any work at all if possible. Are you getting SSDI?

Whats your former trade? Did you do manual labor or?

Dav_Marine72,

I am not getting SSDI... However, my primary care doc (Private Doc) also completed the DBQ for Migraines and he also stated that migraines impair my ability to work at substantial employment...

Thanks for responding,

Glen

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Glen,

"stated that migraines impair my ability to work at substantial employment..." That statement makes it sound much better. I just don't like relying on the examiners functional impairment statement alone. I've had to get multiple opinions, DBQs, nexus letters, etc. for just about everything I have from the VA. Occasionally I get a win that doesn't need to go to extremes. My TDIU and P&T was upheld today after working for a while. I thought for sure they would come after me for back pay and take my 100% away since I'm 94.4 on the schedule rounding down to 90%. I think now is a good time to have claims in at the VA with all the heat on them. Not that having medical problems is ever a good thing, you know what I mean.