VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

50% Depression & More - What Do I File For?

Rate this topic

ping jockey

Hi,

Hadit has been a "port in the storm" for awhile now - thank you!

I'm confused, demoralized, and humilated right now after two years of Voc-Rehab and getting terminated from my job yesterday after five months. Reasons: Difficulty understanding instructions; Not assimilating simple concepts; Taking to long to complete task and more. It was never addressed either, just "good bye".

These difficulties and others have persisted over 15 years and always seems to lead to termination. Not being able to support oneself is very, very, depressing and demoralizing and makes me question living . My SC conditions generate social anxiety in the employment setting because of a chronic cough I have where I've been socially alienated over the years with very harsh statments both in and outside of the work setting. It always interfers with my ability to concentrate clearly, followed by the social alienation in the work place and other places. SC conditions include:

1. Chronic Sinuitis 50% - due to a chemical plant explosion.
  2. OSA 50% - secondary to CS.
  3. Depression 50% - secondary to OSA.
  4. CFS 0% - scondary to OSA -
  5. Bronchitis 0% - direct nexus.
  6. Eczema 10% - direct necus.

I am worn out and really don't care to experience this crap from "civilian idots" ANYMORE. I just want to be left alone to live out my life with comfort and diginity; If it's worth hanging around for.

What would be the next step for P&T so I don't have to go through this anymore!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could go for IU. This is individual unemployability due to your inability to maintain a job. The form you need is 21-8940 and make sure you give employment for the last five years and make sure it is complete. The VA has and will prolong your claim anytime a requested form or form you submit isn't properly and completely filled out. Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there. I have been terminated myself many times over the years because of my disabilities. With me it's a combination of my physical disabilities and my anger issues (mental).

As said above you should be asking for TDIU. The fact that you can't hold stable employment by record shows you may rate 100% with IU. The way you are talking it sounds like your depression should be rated higher than 50%. Is that issue on appeal? I would advise talking to someone. I have major depression myself and get into funks. You need to try and focus on the positives. PM me if you want any help with reviewing your case.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use