VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Cola Numbers For August!

Rate this question

Peacenik

Question

Hello,

Well the august cpi/w numbers were just issued by Bureau of Labor Stats.

It is 199.6 Which translates to a COLA number so far of 4.12%

That could change quite a bit because the Sept number from last year was 195 So, we need a big number in Sept figures due out on Oct 18 in order to stay at that level. I suspect it will not stay above 4%.

For instance if it was the same number as Aug., 199.6 that would translate to a final number of 3.2%

In any case, I don't believe this year's cola will be lower than 3%.

I guess that's good news. I suppose it depends on your perspective.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like VA Math to me. 199.6/192.5 = 3.69 % and it is pure baloney. Foreclosures are up 29% in Dallas becuase people cannot afford ARM's. Energy, Property Taxes, Insurance and cxredit card payments.

Sorry on earlier post I forgot to do the math.

Sounds like VA Math to me. 199.6/192.5 = 3.69 % and it is pure baloney. Foreclosures are up 29% in Dallas becuase people cannot afford ARM's. Energy, Property Taxes, Insurance and cxredit card payments.

Sorry on earlier post I forgot to do the math.

/quote]

Believe me, I'm on your side. I'm just reporting the figures. Do I believe that inflation is 3%? Hell, no!

I think it stinks too. My comment about good news had to do with the government's Guesstimate of around 2%. At least they're greasing us a little before stickin' it to us.

My best to you friend.

Don't kill the messenger.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Peace:

Sorry I don't blame Veterans I blame the government. Even though I am a staunch Democrat I think that both parties have short changed Veterans. However, in todays world it is only Democrats who are standing up for Veterans. When that stops I am going to drop out and move to Mexico. Funny the Mexicans are sneaking into US and Americans are moving to Mexico?