Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Straight To Gathering Evidence!

Rate this question

DocNyger

Question

Hi all, I submitted a claim for pes planus (bilateral ) ...when it showed up on ebennefits, it started out with the. Gathering evidence phase .. Is this common? Is it bad or good? I submitted all my documentation with it... Welcoming all comments... Thank you.

I fought for my country , now I'm fighting my country ... Something is not Right Here!!!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

My last claim started the same way and was successful. However, do not rely too much on ebenefits. It is seldom up to date and you will drive yourself crazy if you constantly monitor ebenefits. I received a notice on ebenefits that stated they needed evidence I had already provided. A few days later my claim was approved without submitting any additional evidence.

Thank you for your response... I received the same notice...but I submitted everything with the claim to see what would happen if they had everything. Did you sign that form stating do you have more information or do you plan on submitting more?

I fought for my country , now I'm fighting my country ... Something is not Right Here!!!

Mine stayed at "Gathering Evidence" for a long time...then I got my results in the mail before it updated on eBenefits. It is still a waiting game so hang in there.

BTW, I like your profile pic....I'm a former Corpsman too.

Edited by Barbamatt

Thank you.... I will hang in there... Patients is a virtue...

Doc,

On the form I checked the block stating I had submitted all the evidence I wished to submit and I would not be submitting any additional evidence. I had also stated the same in my cover letter when I submitted my original claim with all of my evidence.

Thank you Georgiapapa, I sent it in last Monday, but I just received a call from the RO stating that they did receive it and verbally asked me if I was going to submit more information. I stated no ( that I sent all the info I planned on sending in with the claim), he stated okay and that he was going to document and push it through. I know it's probably procedure but just wandering why they even ask if they have everything... Well we will see what happen.... Lol p.s. ( I put in for 9 other contentions and all were denied by not even looking in my file so this will be interesting)