Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Longer.............

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

After, for whatever reason, the RO moved my claim from BVA process back to a DRO. They claim to have been waiting on my SSDI records so the DRO can make a decision. Well they had my SSDI records for over a month now. When I call to check on my claim they either say, DRO is waiting on SSDI records,' or, 'DRO has got my SSDI records and is working on a decision.' I'm so tired of this waiting crap. I made no mistakes, the VA did when they decided playing video games was a good reason to deny me IU. Deny deny us from money that isn't their money, but taxpayer money. And why do they deny us? To get big bonuses! Is there any groups protesting teh cleveland RO?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I feel your pain 11cvolley, hang in there. I am not familiar with the Cleveland VARO so can't help you out on that. How long have you been waiting? Did they really deny you IU for playing video games? That is a load of crap if true, my C&P doc said she actually see's that a lot of Vet's with PTSD will play video games with buddy's from the service as a coping method, I am one of those Vet's.

Sorry for what you are going thru, but I personally have known probably 20 or more Vets that have been denied an increase due to Video games or Hobbies. Let me explain to you and every other Vet on here about PTSD. I spent 5 years in OIF/OEF, Medically Retired at 32, and now 100% VA, SSDI and my wife is paid by VA to be my Care Giver. If you are able to focus on those games, per the VA regs then, either your PTSD has stabled or in the VA's Eyes been cured all together. I always tell Vets when I assist with their Claims, if you do play games, go hunting or whatever your hobbie is, do not report that to the Psych Docs or the VA. Once that goes on record, it is almost impossible to get over that comment in your records. I will say that in my personal life, I do not play or own a game system. have a prepaid phone and do not know anything about technology, let alone could I focus on some game, without going Crazy, Crohn's acting up, or getting a Migraine due to my TBI. I wish you the best, but I do not see where the VA went wrong. God Bless and good luck

Video games are my way to escape reality. This c&p doctor also brought up my intelligence and how 'well' I wrote my before and after letter. I think its very shallow to judge someone's ptsd based on their intelligence and ability to do individual hobbies that don't require any interaction with people. As for not reporting it, it would feel wrong to not tell when asked what I do to pass time. Focus isn't that hard when playing video games, but judge my focus outside around people or even out in my front yard mowing grass and it is a different story.

Correction: I was medically retired at 30 from the Navy. I too have had issued with Intelligence in the past with the VA. I have 2 Bachelors and a Double Masters Degree. I don't judge you playing games, riding a horse or drag racing on the weekend, Lol. As far as being honest, I expect all Vets to be honest with the VA, but also know when to give it or keep it to yourself. Good luck either way.