VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vike's Advise Is

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I apologise I was a little abrupt with him the other day as I misunderstood his post-

He gives excellent advise here and the prior post shows what I mean.

I wish he was here more often but is as overwhelmed as many of us are- I bet.

He is right and I have been trying to say this too-

A veteran does NOT have to even have a rating to be considered upon receipt of the TDIU form- for TDIU-

If the veteran has medical records and/or a SSA award that support the fact that he/she is unemployable due to service connection with a nexus to service-the vet should send them the TDIU form.

In my experience the VA-even if they see a veteran who should be considered for TDIU- wont do it-

They are reluctant to provide the vet this form and vet reps and SOs seem very reluctant too.

In my opinion based on years of TDIU issues- the VA will not even considering awarding TDIU until they get a 21-8940 form and they often use the date of this form as the EED date.

It is imperative that a vet -if they believe they fulfill TDIU criteria-to file the form.

Also if a vet has been found not eligible for Voc Rehab due to their SC disabilties , this is evidence that

their SC disabilities have made them unemployable.

Washington V Derwinski was one of the first COVA cases that resulted in the fact that if a vet gets SSA for a SC disability -the VA practically has to award TDIU or 100% also.

I used this case for Rod's PTSD 100% claim.

My husband was 100% SSA for PTSD back to 1991 and his VA 100% award, when it came in 1997, reflected the SSA date as his SC date for 100 VA comp.

Vike is giving the nitty gritty and he is right and I hope you all heed the excellent advise he gives to many of you.

(PS all- I find I am repeating the same thing to the same people here-

I am tired of putting links to stuff that is right here or at the VA web site- how does the ignore button work?

I dont even know where it is. Thanks, Berta)

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

The VA file a TDIU claim on my behalf. They called it a infered claim. I was told this while at a meeting/hearing at the VARO with the assistant service center manager, A DRO, My rep from DAV, and my rep from my comgressmans office.