Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Question

Rate this question

Scott11B

Question

Hey I have had a strange experience with my c&p claim. I started my claim in january of this year. I have had only 1 appt around may and it was to see a lady that asked me questions concerning ptsd off a computer then entered in my answers and it only took 15 min. I don't know if this lady was a doctor or a psychiatrist but she told me not to go into detail about anything. Most the questions were basic yes and no questions and asked about how much i drank and all. Then last month I got a sum of money put in my bank account and noticed it was from the us treasury va disabilty compensation. I called the VA to see if there was a mistake and they said no the money was mine and I had been diagnosed with PTSD and given a 30% rating. I have freinds and neighbors that are going through this process and have had to have multiple appts with a psychiatrist and talk in detail about events during their service that caused their PTSD. Some of them are still going through it and some have completed their evaluations and they have told me it was very strange that I got diagnosed and assighned a disabilty rating without actually talking in detail with a psychitrist. I was wandering what you all think and if anything like this has happened to any of you all. I have been told I was cheated by the VA because of the mess they are in right now with long wait times for appts. so they just assighned me a rating so my claim can get moved along and processed more quickly. I have been told to file an appeal, some told my to contact a lawyer I don't know what to do. I would just like to know what dotor/psychitrist sighned of on a diagnosis with out ever seeing me or talking to me. Any suggestions from your experiences with the VA would be appreciated thank you.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

What you went thru is not uncommon bud. It does not matter if you see a Doc once or 10 times bud. You were diagnosed with PTSD, and have nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed. I too have a 70% rating for PTSD and 30% for TBI. God Bless you and good luck. Hope you got to spend a few bucks on yourself and pay a few bills.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars