VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Stalled In Review Of Evidence

Rate this question

devildog2061

Question

I'm requesting direction as to how to get the VA to rate and continue the processing of my claim for anxiety.

I file this claim in Oct of 2013, as recommended by a friend who's a VSO, after she review my medical records. I should mention I currently have a combine rating of 80 %.

60% Skin

50% PTSD

10% left Ankle

10% Tinnitus

L&R Ears no percentage

I should also mention I have two Appeals, awaiting a video conference filed in 2012 and represented

by an attorney. They are for PTSD increase and IU.

Again, the anxiety claim was file in Oct 2013 as an FDC claim and I finally started to see movement on E-E-benefits in May 2014. It went from Gathering to Reviewing evidence and has stalled after all medical evidence has been submitted. I signed the waiver authorizing them to make a decision.

The evidence I submitted was an IMO from an outside Psychologist,a statement from Voc Rehab denying

me from the program because of PTSD, and a DBQ from my VA Psychologist. All saying I'm unemployable because of PTSD, in which I receive SSD for.

The VA is not requesting any more evidence, nor have they scheduled any exams.They have all they need

To make a decision on this claim, but they're stalling. I got my state congressman involved, who made an inquiry and called case management, but they haven't called back.

What else can I do to make the VA rate my claim ?

Thanks for your reply......

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

devil dog. I understand your frustration but unfortunately the VA has a big back log. I did a FDC claim in January 2014 and was rated in April 2014. This was the fastest I have ever seen. Have you tried going to RO where file is located. I feel that due to your Appeal it may be holding it up not sure but maybe. You have to stay on them such as POA, RO, and Congress so they can get better explanation. Remember persistence helps. One last avenue is contacting the Service center manager. The reason is I have done this in the past and my claim went fast like in a week and half when I received my rating and money. So find out who service center manager is so you can try that avenue. Good Luck.

Sorry for your harsh feelings bud, but your claim has not been that long. I submitted an FDC in Sep 13, and it was just completed a few months ago. Most FDC claims across the country are averaging 12-14 months. You are at 9 months currently, so I don't know exactly what you are looking for. If a Vet files an FDC with once condition, it still might take 6 to 7 months. Basically the more completed and conditions you add to an FDC can make it drag out. My claim did not move at all from Sep 13 to Apr 14, then it finally sped up quick. Your claim should be done definitely by the end of the year. As stated above, it depends on the Vet's Ro, as to how far the VA is behind on claims. There are many starving Vets on here, that have been waiting for years, and receive no income. I too was 80% VA last year when I was medically retired and was barley making it. Now I get 100%, SSDI and my wife is paid by VA to be my Care Giver. God Bless and good luck. You can always Vent or ask for help on here, as far as patience we could all take a class in that, LOL.