VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vocational Rehabilitation Questions. I Have A Few.

Rate this question

Firedig13

Question

I am currently a firefighter with a VA disability rating of 30% due to my back problems. Because of my job I am in fear that it will effect my back negatively as I get older. Because of this I set up an appointment with VA Vocational Rehab in hope of starting my path to a new career. Here are my questions and fears.

1. If they decide to pay for me to go to school, do I get an allowance along with that? (I ask because I am married with 3 children and can't afford to be a full time student with no second income)

2. If they say "yes" or "no" to me requesting tuition assistance. And I reply with I'll accept your offer, or I will decline and stick with firefighting. Could they say "no you are no longer allowed to be a firefighter with your back condition?" And make me quit my job due to it possibly effecting my condition?

In conclusion, I am nervous for this meeting. I'm in fear it could effect me and my family negatively. Hopefully I get some answers soon. Thank you all very much.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They will pay around a 1000 a month and all expenses except lab fees. They will also pay for tudor if you need one.

Good Luck and welcome to Hadit