VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu-Worried

Rate this question

Nemo1185

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm a hot mess right now. So I figured maybe some advice or a dose of reality can help me.

I am rated 70% for major depression and anxiety.

The other 10% is for PCOS, Hypothyroidism, patella femoral syndrom.

I had a follow up C&P back in July for my major depression and anxiety.

I received my decision letter back in August. They kept the rating at 70%, however they also put in this little excerpt: "occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking, or mood". Along with my decision letter, the VA initiated an IU claim. I filled out all the paperwork and letters they needed. Recently they sent out the 21-4192s to my previous employers. I called them to let them know what was coming through. That they need to sign and send back.

2 of the employers really didn't know what was going on with me during that time. I kept it to myself because I did not feel comfortable telling them about this. I quit my last job, stating that I had medical issues and that I would be going to a lot of appointments. I was immediately dismissed from that job (and pretty much yelled at). I had warned the manager that I worked for at the time that I was going through medical examinations at the VA and would have to miss some work.

Anyways, if my previous employers do not send back the 21-4192 will they deny my claim? Also, do any of you see why they would deny my IU?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I would suggest another follow up call with your former employers to make sure they received, completed, signed and returned the documents to VA. You can not make the employers assist you with your claim so you need to make sure the VA understands why the employers might not return the forms. If you have not already done so, submit your own statement in support of claim explaining your relationship with your former employers and co-workers. In your statement, stress the problems in your work situation due to your medical problems. Especially focus on dismissals, disciplinary actions, in attentiveness, failure to get along with others, insubordination, etc. Your statement would help show that you have problems in the workplace as a result of your continuing medical problems.

Good luck to you.

Another thought. In your statement in support of claim, express your disagreement with the comments by the C & P doctor. Point out any inaccuracies in his report and request another C & P exam by another doctor. If your other VA medical records support your claim, ask that more consideration be given to them.

If you are married, have your spouse submit a statement in support of claim which points out the problems you are experiencing and also stresses the point that you do not have a drinking problem. Statements from others who know you well may also help.

Please disregard my comments regarding the drinking problems. I had just read another post where a C & P examiner had accused the veteran of having a drinking problem and I still had that post on my mind. I apologize and hope my other comments may help you in some way.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Luckily, my husband wrote out a letter before I turned it in. I don't have any friends out here and in no contact with prior Coworkers.

I called my previous employers, they haven't seen anything yet, the 4192s were sent on the 5th. I'm a little worried. :-

/

I feel horrible for the other poster! That's horrible of the examiner to do that...I hope they can get that resolved.

The VA form 21-4192 is available online. Print the forms up your self and hand deliver them to your former employers. If it is not prohibited by the VA, ask the former employers if they can complete the forms while you wait and you can then hand deliver the completed forms back to the VA. If the VA prefers for the employer to mail the completed forms back to them rather than the veteran hand delivering the completed forms back to the VA, the former employers can mail the completed forms back in a company envelope. Just make sure the former employers mail the forms back to the correct VA office. Also, ask them to mail you a copy of the completed form for your records.

Hi everyone,

I'm a hot mess right now. So I figured maybe some advice or a dose of reality can help me.

I am rated 70% for major depression and anxiety.

The other 10% is for PCOS, Hypothyroidism, patella femoral syndrom.

I had a follow up C&P back in July for my major depression and anxiety.

I received my decision letter back in August. They kept the rating at 70%, however they also put in this little excerpt: "occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking, or mood". Along with my decision letter, the VA initiated an IU claim. I filled out all the paperwork and letters they needed. Recently they sent out the 21-4192s to my previous employers. I called them to let them know what was coming through. That they need to sign and send back.

2 of the employers really didn't know what was going on with me during that time. I kept it to myself because I did not feel comfortable telling them about this. I quit my last job, stating that I had medical issues and that I would be going to a lot of appointments. I was immediately dismissed from that job (and pretty much yelled at). I had warned the manager that I worked for at the time that I was going through medical examinations at the VA and would have to miss some work.

Anyways, if my previous employers do not send back the 21-4192 will they deny my claim? Also, do any of you see why they would deny my IU?

when i was awarded 30 percent for depression in addition to my previous SC disability, the VA deferred IU. they sent me paperwork which i filled out. i hadn't worked for years and the last job i was self employed. about a month later, regional called me and asked if they should proceed with the claim. i was awarded IU 3 months later. needless to say none of my employers were contacted. i did submit a few letters with my claim. one was from a friend who had worked with me when i was self employed and told how my condition had worsened over the years.