Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Drug Side Effects

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I take narcotic pain medications. I notice that they sometimes make me very irritable and I can feel the hostility welling up in me. I was at an antiques show to day and I was handling some item and the owner of the item made a remark to me about being careless. I wanted to take the object and bend it over his head. Fortunately, I am aware of the consequences, but the feeling was there and that is not normal for me. Nowhere does it say that these drugs can drastically effect your mood but I know they can.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know how you feel John I get the same way. I try to ignore people who irritate me. I don't take prescription narcotics but I do take a lot of meds.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

You are most definitely NOT alone. I have been on them for the better part of the last 3 years following 2 mostly unsuccessful back surgeries. I don't know what to tell you to do other than be aware of the effects and try not to hurt the people you love. If you find any better way to deal, please pass it along to me.

BTW, what type of medication are you on? I take Percocet 10/325. It seems to do the best to control the pain without problems of toleration, but I think it is all individual dependent.