VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advise Moving Forward

Rate this question

richmc

Question

I have been diagnosed with MDD that the my psychiatrist says is caused by the constant pain I am in from my knees (already service connected) and my back. I filed for 2 back conditions, sleep apnea and the the mdd at the same time. On the 16th the sleep apnea was granted, MDD denied as not service connected and back deferred. I had mistakenly filed the MDD as a primary condition.

This past Thrusday I had a C&P for one of the back condition and after showing MRI reports from 2004 and from Tuesday, it well. I had just picked up the MRI on the way to the C&P so asked him if you could explain it to me. He said basically you have a bad back and have had it since you were in service. :) He cancelled the Xrays because he said between the two reports he had what he needed after making me do some very painful bending.

My other back contention is pending further development (Thoracic Neuritis)

Once the back condition I had the C&P for comes back I plan on going after the MDD again because it is secondary and truth be told it is having the biggest impact on my right now. Constantly in a haze thanks to all the meds I am on.

Anyway, can I just reopen the original claim for it with a statement that it shold have been looked at and granted as a secondary or do I have to open a new claim as secondary?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You can reopen the Original claim, but it seems to me that your case would be better to open it as New Secondary bud. Good luck and sorry to hear of your troubles. I just had my exams on Tues. for both knees, back and R Shoulder. I kept getting the run around with X Rays from the Navy and VA, and when the VA finally gave me MRIs this year, now they see how bad everything is and now I have to go thru the Dang VA process. God Bless and good luck

I had been asking for the MRI from the VA for about 5 months. Finally found my MRI report from 2004 while active duty showing the bony spur at T8 and once my pcp saw that report on Monday she put in the order but told me not to get my hopes up due to others having to sing off on it. Tuesday moring they called and said it was apporved and they had an opening that night at 6. I took it before they changed their minds. LOL. New MRI showed that not only did I still have the spur at T8 but it had grown a litte and that I also have a spur at L1-L2.