Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

calnight

Question

if you read my last post my story i asked if you submitt new evidence after recieving a soc and ssoc does the ro have to consider that evidence and make a decsion before going to the bva. my file is still at the ro .i did ask for a dro

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calnight

Yes, the DRO does have to review new evidence you submit. The DRO is supposed to review your decision and make a new decision. I gave them new evidence for every DRO or hearing. Send in all the new evidence you can produce or find. You want to tip the balance of doubt in your favor.

john 999 since the va has scheduled me c&p exam for my increase it siad nothing about my iu on the letter. does this mean that it is going to the rating board or could it be for the bva. and could the c&p be used for my iu or will i have to take another one for iu

• HadIt.com Elder

calnight

Did you fill out the forms for TDIU? If you are rated highly enough they have to consider IU if you are not working due to the SC disability. What conditions is your c&p for and what is your rating now?

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry Calnight

I remember now you are 50% and not working. I guess the question the VA shrink will want to ask is why you are not working. If you convince him it is because of your PTSD and he says that in his report you should be bumped up to 70% and get IU. How long have you been out of work? You want him to understand you are not just in between jobs. If the shrink believes you are unable to work due to the PTSD rather than just not working you should get a higher rating. Being able to work and support yourself is a very large part of the PTSD/mental condition rating game.

calnight

Did you fill out the forms for TDIU? If you are rated highly enough they have to consider IU if you are not working due to the SC disability. What conditions is your c&p for and what is your rating now?

I did fill out the iu form about 2 months ago. the va sent me it i did not request it. the vso said fill it out and send it in. i am only rated at 50% for sc ptsd. but i do have appeal going. and i am not working becuase of my ptsd. the letter i recieved for the c&p exam stated it was for my appeal. i have the exam on the 18th. i believe they sent me the iu app becuase of the voc rehab report you can read what it said on my story post. so i believe the c&p is for my ptsd not the iu. so i dont know if the c&p is for the rating board or for the bva.