Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthvet Dx

Rate this question

SemperFiSgt

Question

Can someone help me figure out if any of the people listed with job titles can be able to be used a creditable diagnosing person? These are the notes posted inside MyHealthVet.

/es/ REGINALD RIGGINS

PSYCHOLOGY INTERN Signed: 12/23/2014 14:40

/es/ MILLE C. ASTIN

PhD Clinical Psychologist Cosigned: 12/24/2014 10:07

12/24/2014 ADDENDUM
I supervised this TRP intake and met with the patient myself. I concur with this
evaluation note and treatment plan with the the exception that Diagnoses should include rule out Alcohol Use Disorder given the quantity binges on.

/es/ MILLE C. ASTIN, PhD Clinical Psychologist Signed: 12/24/2014 10:08

Her business card is an actual VAMC card. Her official title states Staff Psychologist, Trauma Recovery Program

Thanks in Advance

looks like it was a real DR supervising a rookie. what is suspicious though is that it is an addendum, which means that it was a modified, or added on statement. kind of fishy

Edited by 63SIERRA

how many people examined you, were there 2 or 1? supervising is quite a loose term. having access to a supervisor who is never consulted, is still considered supervising. were both of them sitting in the room at the same time asking you questions, ? or did you see one first then the other for questioning?

And why did the intern sign it on the 23rd and the DR on the 24th if they both interviewed you the same day?

she co signed it at 10.07 on the 24th, (WHY WASNT IT SIGNED THE SAME DAY SHE SUPPOSEDLY INTERVIEWED YOU ON THE 23RD WHEN THE INTERN SIGNED IT) ?/ then ONE MINUTE later wrote an addendum??

Edited by 63SIERRA

how many people examined you, were there 2 or 1? supervising is quite a loose term. having access to a supervisor who is never consulted, is still considered supervising. were both of them sitting in the room at the same time asking you questions, ? or did you see one first then the other for questioning?

And why did the intern sign it on the 23rd and the DR on the 24th if they both interviewed you the same day?

she co signed it at 10.07 on the 24th, (WHY WASNT IT SIGNED THE SAME DAY SHE SUPPOSEDLY INTERVIEWED YOU ON THE 23RD WHEN THE INTERN SIGNED IT) ?/ then ONE MINUTE later wrote an addendum??

63SIERRA,

I went into the Trauma Recovery Program and there was multiple people there. It was documented on MyHealthVet as 17 attendees. They had 5 others that assisted with seeing all 17 veterans. The intern asked the questions then after he got all the information down, she came in and we went back over the whole thing. Why the dates where different I can't answer. I do remember after leaving I was called via telephone, being asked if the alcohol consume was right due to the fact I had went into a program to rule out alcohol abuse.

I just want to make sure I have the proper person dx before filing my claim. I hate having to deal with this PTSD and then having to blow up on people that try to help me. A lot of times I can't help it my patience runs slow and PTSD doesn't make it any better. Just the other day, I went off on my wife and it took for her to leave for a few hours. It has gotten worst. Thank GOD she understand that its not me but the condition. I can tell she is getting tired of it though.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Take some time and read up on how ptsd claims are decided. They are pretty complicated. There's a ton of info here on hadit.

Getting the diagnosis signed off by a VA PhD level Psychologist is a great first step and really gives you a head start! VA requires the diagnosis be made or signed off on by a PhD level Psychologist OR a Psychiatrist.

Next step is knowing what "stressor" requirements you fall under.

Take some time and read up on how ptsd claims are decided. They are pretty complicated. There's a ton of info here on hadit.

Getting the diagnosis signed off by a VA PhD level Psychologist is a great first step and really gives you a head start! VA requires the diagnosis be made or signed off on by a PhD level Psychologist OR a Psychiatrist.

Next step is knowing what "stressor" requirements you fall under.

Should I go back to my doctor at the VA or I guess what I'm asking, where do I find a PhD level Psychologist or a Psychiatrist? I really want to have all of my paperwork ready before submitting anything. My issues aren't going away and I need to have as much done before I really lose it. I'm having more intense and serious anxiety attacks. My stressor is combat related. One of my Marines died from mortar attacks in Iraq. This site has helped me a great deal and I pray that I can get the ball rolling so I can find a way to give back for it and the assistance I have received,

Can you list the diagnosis you have received from VA and who they were from.

The way I read your post was that Mille C. Astin had signed off on a diagnosis... Was it a diagnosis of PTSD? Or was it for something else.

If it was a diagnosis of ptsd, you are good to go. Because she is a PhD level Psychologist.

Since your stressor was combat related, it will be conceded ( automatically accepted).

When you apply you will need to write a short description of the incident. Make absolutely certain that you say it was "combat related". This will make it easier for your claim to move through the process.

At some point after you apply, you would be asked to go to a exam, where you would discuss the stressor incident again. Also, you would talk about what symptoms you have now.

Also, keep in mind, the way this is rated is based on HOW it affects you in your day to day life RIGHT NOW.

Here's the link to the percentages. http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=38:1.0.1.1.5#sg38.1.4_1124a.sg13

Usually the two highest percentages of 70% or 100% are for those who aren't able to work due to their disability.