Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fee Basis Card?

Rate this question

hookrunner

Question

I have been a patient at the New Orleans Va off and on since 1972.However with the recent disater there is a chance that medical center will never reopen due to the excessive flooding.

I had my meds renewed by a out of town dr. to the Jackson ,Ms. Va.I telephoned that Va this morning asking for a fee basis card to a local Dr. The lady incharge said she was sending me a package to apply for same. My question, she said I must take it to a local Dr for them to fill out,is it hard to find someone who wants to deal with the beauracrats? If approved does this also include private hospital care should that become a factor?

I appreciate any advise on this matter from the been there done that folks.

If the lady that i talked too has the final say I feel very confindent i will be approved as when she asked how afar away i am (125 miles) ,she commented "sounds like you need it".

Jim Stokes

Edited by hookrunner

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I have been a patient at the New Orleans Va off and on since 1972.However with the recent disater there is a chance that medical center will never reopen due to the excessive flooding.

I had my meds renewed by a out of town dr. to the Jackson ,Ms. Va.I telephoned that Va this morning asking for a fee basis card to a local Dr. The lady incharge said she was sending me a package to apply for same. My question, she said I must take it to a local Dr for them to fill out,is it hard to find someone who wants to deal with the beauracrats? If approved does this also include private hospital care should that become a factor?

I appreciate any advise on this matter from the been there done that folks.

If the lady that i talked too has the final say I feel very confindent i will be approved as when she asked how afar away i am (125 miles) ,she commented "sounds like you need it".

Jim Stokes