VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Confusion

Rate this question

justa2e2

Question

I am a little confused as whats going on with my claim so I'm hoping you guys will be able to assist me decipher what is going on.

I filed my intial claim on 10/10/2014. I added a contention on 01/02/2015 for PTSD. The PTSD populated in Ebenefits around 01/10/2015 and disappeared ~01/25/2015 from Ebenefits. I called the 1800 number and the person I spoke with advised me to put it another claim online and I did on 02/17/2015. I completed all C&P exams on 2/18, 2/19 (PTSD), and 2/23. They obviously have my added contention for PTSD from Jan 2 because they scheduled my C&P for it.
On 3/2/2015 my second active claim (from 2/17) was merged with my original claim in Ebenefits and PTSD was added back to my claim. I called the 1800 number today as was advised that I will be scheduled for another PTSD C&P in the future (wasn't given a date).
So anyone have any idea who I need to contact to sort all of this out? Thanks for your help.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Doesn't sound like any confusion to me. The new VA claim process is that if you submit a new claim while a current claim is being worked, then the new claim will disappear on Ebenefits, but in fact the VA combines the two claims into 1. Just hang out and see what happens. Good luck

Thanks for your reply Navy. I understand they merge them together, but I had my PTSD C&P exam scheduled before my I filed my second PTSD claim on ebenefits. I had my C&P for my Jan 2 claim and just filed the one on Feb 17 due to the 1800 number advising me that was my best option. Today I am told the same day they merged my two active claim (the first claim somehow scheduled my C&P for PTSD after I added it on Jan2) they are scheduling a second C&P for the Feb 17 PTSD claim. I just don't want the VA spending money for an exam that I just did 3 weeks ago.

Justa2e2, did you file your claim electronically using ebenefits? I am in the process of submitting a claim and was wondering if there is an upload limit amount. Is it a pretty smooth transaction? I'm trying to decide if I should use ebenefits or mail it off requesting a return receipt. Thanks.

I filed my initial claim through the Texas Vet Commission. I then added a contention shortly after as I was not to worried about the timeline. Something happened in the system and the one I added later fell off the map it seemed. The 1800 number advised me to re file it again which I did online..to save time eventually I had to email the head lady who got me in contact with someone to help sort things out. My claim went through the PFD, PDA, PFN, and complete all today. Doing it online was pretty smooth honestly, it is just a pain having to upload all of your documents. From what I could tell there wasn't a limit to how much you can upload as long as it wasn't over the limit per upload.