Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A New York Compensation Claim Confusion,please Help Me

Rate this question

shubaobao2008us

Question

Hi, everyone. I am brand new for this forum and I have a few questions about my compensation application. Please help me and thank you very much in advance !

I received the brown envelope on 03/20/15 from the DAV. I am assigned 20% for my back and the other two claims were 0%. But under each section it shows"the final evaluation of this condition is deferred pending receipt of private treatment records." I am so confused with this letter because I am sure all my private doctors had faxed out my medical records a month ago and I got the money for my compensation 2 weeks ago. I also received a letter from DVA on 03/09/15 stated they had not received response from my doctors.

Why are they still waiting for the private treatment records ? I am from New York and all my doctors faxed my materials to this No: 844-632-5093 according to the letter requirement. Could this number be wrong?

Could anyone tell me what I should do at this moment? Thank you again!

5 answers to this question

I would go to your doctors offices and get copies of the records. Make a copy of all the records for yourself. Hand deliver the two sets of records to your RO or your DAV rep if he is in the same building as your RO. Personally I would hand deliver the records to your RO and have them date stamp your copies of the records so you can prove they received the records. JMO

Good luck.

GP

In order to show your doctors faxed the medical records to the fax number listed in the letter, you could try to get copies of the fax confirmation sheets at your doctor's offices. The confirmation sheets should serve as proof the faxed medical records were received at the location where the 844 number is located. You could provide copies of the confirmation sheets to your DAV rep to provide to the RO or mail copies to the address on the letter which directed your doctors to fax the records to the 844 number.

However, I believe hand delivering the records to your RO, as I indicated in my previous post, is the best way to prove the VA received the records. Your RO can forward the records to where ever they need to go.

In the future, always gather your own medical records. Do not depend on the VA obtaining the records. This will slow your claim down as you have experienced. You also need to have a copy of everything that goes to the VA for your records. JMO

GP

You are welcome.