VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc For Unprotected Reduction (Improper)

Rate this question

butlerg

Question

I was wondering if anyone who has received a Statment of Case for an unprotected (reduction of disability under 5 years old) would be willing to remove all personal and disability stuff and send it to me so that I could prepare appeal verbage for the "boiler plate" garbage. Or point me to one on the web?

If so please forward it to: [Removed Personal Identifying Information - Please do not post personal identification information ask members to PM you on the board and if you chose then give them your email address]

Thanks

Gary

Edited by Tbird
�R�e�m�o�v�e�d� �P�e�r�s�o�n�a�l� �I�d�e�n�t�i�f�y�i�n�g� �I�n�f�o�r�m�a�t�i�o�n

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

There is plenty of discussion and advise here under a search for anyone who gets a proposed reduction letter.

You have to act fast and I would think the general consensus here would be to ask for a hearing right away, and bring ALL evidence with you to show they are wrong..

If you can cover the C file, name, address etc and scan and attach here the reduction letter perhaps we can help more.

I filed a NOD on a proposed reduction in 1988, for my husband.They changed their mind within a few months.and reversed their idea on that.

I used my husband's Voc Rehab records, information as to his employment status with the VA, and then some good old common sense. We never requested a hearing because he didnt want to take time off from the VA job and Voc Rehab to go to Buffalo

That is a major day trip from where I live.

Other situations get far more serious.

Edited by Berta

I got no notice becuase one went up and other went down, no change in compensation. I have turned in a NOD on the reduction and requested no DRO just go to BVA. 60 days is not much time for a fully developed "Substantive Appeal" so am working on it now based on the decision "reasons and bases". Figured if I could see the actual "SOC" for a reduction (just the boiler plate stuff) I could work rebutting it now. I may be mistaken but from what I've found on the web most of a SOC boiler plate type stuff, only last couple of pages that relates to the decision itself.