Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% And Not Ui

Rate this question

Raven

Question

I was PDRL last year at 24 YOS- The VA did ended up rating me at 90% (92)- I have applied for an increase and should be at 100% soon- I want to get my 100% this way for full concurrent receipt now

1. Can a person at 100% NOT UI work

2. Can a person at 100% NOT UI Perm and Total and still work

3. I have not worked since I left- I thought of SSDI but I am not sure if I should what is the best way to approach it- get a lawyer first, etc

I know this is a lot of questions but I have been looking high an low for answers and just know found this site

Any comments welcome

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest jstacy

A vet who is rated at 100 percent and not considered unemployable can still work.

As for SSA, Please look at the link below for SSA definition of disability.

http://www.ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify4.htm

FOr SSDI you can apply solo and then bring an attorney into the mix later. SSA is easier th deal with than the VA believe it or not.

• HadIt.com Elder

Raven please apply for SSD asap as over time you will lose the benefit. That's about all I have to say about that.

Guest Jim S.

Raven: answers to your questions

1. Not IU, yes you can work, but it can have an impact on subsequate C&P exams. Say you have a 50% back injury, yet the job discription requires you to do a lot of heavy lifting, then clearly it could be proceived that 50% for you back injury is to high or even it may be suggestive of fraud.

2. If you mean TDIU, then the answer is no, but I think their are some exceptions, but I am not sure what they are.

3. Definately file for SSDI if you are currently unable to work. The application, although a little lenthy, isn't all that hard to fill out, and should you have any questions, they ususally are willing to do what they can. I applied for SSDI myself and was lucky and got awarded right off. But if you should be deniied, then it may be best at that time to get the help of a professional who does SSDI claims, Make sure that they only get paid should you win and it is for a equitable amount.

The more items that are SC that SS lists as the determining factors in awarding you SSDI will help you later in you claim with the VA for TDIU

And NO, you cannot work while on SSDI, any work, even part time may be proceived that you are capable of more than what you are.

If you want any help with your SSDI claim, I would be available to answer any question on the application you might have, just email me or send a personal note, of post the question here for discussion.

JIM S.