Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Moving To Okinawa

Rate this question

mttib

Question

Good day my fellow brothers and sisters, I will keep this short as possible. I was in the process of doing the paperwork to do inpatient therapy for my PTSD recommended by my therapist and was going to put in for an increase. My wife is active duty and currently on recruiting, she was trying to stay on this duty and put in a package her monitor shortly after that gave her orders to Okinawa, so of course when her package got to him he denied it, recruiting approved it so its up on someone's desk collecting dust, its taking forever and she can't get any straight answers from anyone about where exactly her package is and the decision, during the waiting time she has been frustrated with the job and said xxxx it and is going to execute orders. That leaves me not enough time to even do a FDC, for an increase, I also don't know if they have therapist out there and if the VA decides they want to reevaluate my PTSD how will I get the mail. If anyone has any information on this or can point me into the right direction I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you.

Semper Fi

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I may be missing something but sounds like your wife has orders for an accompanied tour. If that's the case I believe you all have to go through a family medical screening. My thought, based on the info you provided, if you're cleared it'll be because they have the facilities to take care of your med issues. If not cleared her orders may be changed to unaccompanied.

Getting mail in Okinawa is not an issue- US Postal Service

someone with a better answer will probably chime in

Edited by Slick