Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Senator Asks Department Of Veteran Affairs To Break Patents On Hepatitis C Drugs

ranger11bv

Last week, in a letter addressed to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, Senator Bernard Sanders (I-VT) urged Secretary Robert McDonald to use his authority as Secretary "to break the patents on Hepatitis C medications for the treatment of veterans suffering with the disease." Senator Sanders (at right) notes in the letter that as Chairman of the Senate Committee of Veterans' Affairs, he held a hearing in December 2014 regarding the impact of Hepatitis C drug pricing on veterans' access to treatment, and "raised concerns that the price of these new Hepatitis C drugs, specifically Sovaldi, which is manufactured by Gilead Sciences, even when discounted, would preclude veterans from accessing these life-changing drugs."

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/senator-asks-department-of-veteran-65854/

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

Still at that great 10% !!!!!!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic