Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P For Spinal Fusion

Rate this question

cmilcl

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm currently rated 10% for Lumbosacral Strain. In November, I had a spinal fusion at the L4-L5 level for severe disc herniation. My Surgeon issued me a limitation statement saying that I am restricted from performing forward flexion.

This movement would disturb the hardware, the new bone growing around it, and would place added strain on the level above it. It is also painful.

I'm wondering if the C & P examiner will mark my ROM testing as "incomplete." Will they use the restriction against me?

Thanks everyone, this site is wonderful!

Camela

PO1, USN(Ret)

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

first, i would make sure the surgeons statement was in my packet so the examining doctor and rater see it.

if it were me, i would show the examing doctor the letter and refuse to do that part of the exam. others might disagree but i am not going to do something i shouldn't be doing, especially with documentation in writing.

how the va regards this remains to be seen. i am wheel chair bound and its stated in my va medical record. when i go for an ortho exam requiring range of motion, i ask for a nurse to assist me. if none is available, i refuse to get up. most of the time, there are no problems. but i did have one examing doctor write in my c&p report that i refused a direct order.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. The doctor's note is in my records for review. I'm taking your advice and won't go against what my doctor is prescribing.

Best wishes Shipmate!

Camela