Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Review Of Evidence But Decision Notification Sent

Rate this question

tahneeb

Question

Hello everyone. I was rated at 20% a couple of years ago and I filed for an increase. This past Friday it changed to "Pending Decision Approval." By Saturday it said "Review of Evidence" and "Decision Notification Sent."

I was reluctant to check my VA award letter which states I am 40% disabled.

Does anyone know the accuracy of anything on Ebenefits?

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Does this mean my rating was increased?

Thank you to all who will try to help! :)

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My claim kept changing from Pending Decision Approval to Preparation for notification. This morning it changed back and forth 3 times, so I called the American Legion who is representing me on my claim. The gentleman said that a decision was made on July 2nd and that my disability was increased from 30% to 60% for TBI and Seizure Disorder. He said that he's not sure what the hold up is but that it's still in the notification phase. Sometimes the waiting game just gets to be too much. Reading everyone's posts and knowing that we all go through the same grief eases my mind but also tells me that something needs to be done with this system.

nsmiley77,

Any award rating at 50% or above places the veteran in priority group one in the VA healthcare system. Since you are now in priority group one, you no longer have any copays for VA appointments or VA prescriptions. You can receive VA healthcare free of charge for any medical condition (service connected and non service connected). You can also receive retroactive reimbursement of all VA copays you have made back to the effective date of your award raising your rating to 50% or higher. You can request the reimbursements through the business office of your local VAMC.

Take care.

GP