VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pension For Anxiety With Depression Granted? Opinions Please?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder
DECISION

1. Entitlement to nonservice -connected is granted

2. The claim for service - connected for chronic anxiety with depression remains denied because the evidence submitted is not new and material. (Same for all the other illnesses).

REASONS FOR DECISION

You are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation due to disability. You are 59 years old, have a level of education reported as high school, and last worked in 1983. The evidence shows you to be disabled due to these disabilities of chronic anxiety / depression, headaches, diabetes, hypothyroidism, vestibular conditions/inner ear condition, degenerative disc disease of L-4 and L-5 - S1. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and ethroid sinusitis.

Why did the Va give me a pension, for chronic anxiety and depression, to which was denied, due to excessive income?

I secured the psychiatric records from the archives and the letter from the commanding officer as to why I was given an early discharge, in 2004, new and material evidence to re-open my claim.

Why did the Va sent me for a C&P for an " Acquired Psychiatric Disorder" and not the Chronic Anxiety and Depression, to which I was granted a pension for?

Any one know the answer.

Lost that is me Lost,

Josephine

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Aquired means that you weren't born with it, didn't used to have it - but ACQUIRED it at some point and time --that it kind of "happened" to you.

Free,

Thanks so much for getting on the right track for this hurdle. I would give up and not even put myself through all this, if I had any symptom of anxiety before service.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I will wait and see where all of this takes me.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

I admire your strength Josephine. I cannot even imagine trying to wade through this stuff WITH a diagnosis of anxiety or depression.

I have been depressed in my time -but it has been pretty situational (arising from specific situations - but not long term) and i was basically useless much of the time --just plugged through what absolutely needed to be done and let the rest go --forver....lol

Anyway - if you have ACQUIRED anxiety AND your treatment started in service -- that seems to be the place to make the connection.

I think you actually DID make the connection there.... but not sure THEY are getting it.

I was reading how they do "top-sheeting" - (just reading the topsheet of things) - so though we are sending plenty of evidecne to back my husband's claim - we are creating our own topsheets for them. meaning we CLEARLY and CONCISLEY stating what the evidence shows on the first page our two (summarize the high points) and then include all the evidence to support it.

Free

Free,

Thanks so much for getting on the right track for this hurdle. I would give up and not even put myself through all this, if I had any symptom of anxiety before service.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I will wait and see where all of this takes me.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
I think you actually DID make the connection there.... but not sure THEY are getting it.

Free,

You are absolutely correct, as to whether or not, they get it, I have no ideal.

I would like for someone at the Va. tell me why I had the second C&P within 5 months of the first one.

Dr. MXXXX couldn't make it any clearer with his examination.

The letter from Dr. B.CC , my doctor that treated me in service, said he didn't know how to clarify his records any more than he has. He wrote the letter to the Va. It is all in the SMR'S.

I hadn't spoke to Dr.B.C C. for 42 years and had I not baby -sit for him and his wife, he would have never remembered me.

Bless him, for he thought that they gave me a medical discharge and that I had been drawing benefits all these years.

I will have to be honest with you, having water drip down your hands to your elbows from fear is not the most of pleasant situations.

That is the one thing that all the doctors agree on.

Thanks,

Josephine