VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has it been too long for my appeal to be assigned?

Rate this question

BeAWarriorNOTaWorrior

Question

Just to get to the nuts and bolts of it, I appealed a claim decision. The denial was June 2012, I appealed it through my vso just before the deadline, 2013 via certified mail. It's been over 2 years and the appeal status still states "at local office" 

Honestly I never thought anything of it until I started reading through Hadit. Now I'm reading some people who are asking about NODs after 16-18 months...  should I be converted? I've written an iris letter asking for a status update but have not heard back. 

Any advice? Thanks for the expertise.

Remember that VA is subcontracting the VBMS conversion to .pdf. If you have a claim in and your file is still paper, it will remain so until the claim is complete, If it has to go to the BVA on appeal, they pull it and do the VBMS conversion to .pdf locally rather than Janesville Wisc/ Newnan, Georgia. Mine is still in paper because they (Seattle) haven't had time to convert 11 folders. I was told it was scheduled for conversion "when it is ripe for the appeal." Considering it's at 810 Yellow Brick Road NW currently, I can only hope I see it before the Second Coming.

it seem timing is everything. If they pull your file to scan in when your number is up for bva your looking at getting a huge delay...they wouldn't move you back to the end of the line would they? That line is too long to go all the way back to the end of. 

For a file that is yet to be scanned there are to many variables affecting a claim. I am one of a lucky few and I think either my time working at the va or something else, got my c-file digitized faster then most because I saw it years ago. And both of the claims that I have completed, that I haven't appeared, have gone fast. 16m and 8m and neither were fdc.