Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AEW Completion date and Retro?

Rate this question

WOLF14

Question

Hello Hadit Experts,

Just found out by calling DFAS that my AEW was completed on 13 Aug 2015.  I sent in a request for a copy of the AEW of course. Also, I was checking myPay and under "Annual or Changed RAS" there was a RAS for Miscellaneous Credit for a whopping $3.62 minus .54 for Tax= $3.08.  The statement effective date reads 13 Aug 2015 (date when DFAS verified my AEW was complete) and the New Pay Due date for the $3.08 was 18 Aug 2015 (today).  I logged into my USAA acct and see the deposit of $3.08. The DFAS rep stated that my AEW would be transmitted to VA between 18 Aug 2015 thru 20 Aug 2015.  I am expecting a retro of around $31K.

Any input on when I may receive the retro due now that the timelines are falling into place? Is there a way to track the movement once its arrives at VA?

Thanks Guru's.

V/r

WOLF14

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If you have an ebenefits account, you can often "see" a little early when/how much retro you will get.  To get an ebenefits (premium) account, I had to go to my VAMC and authenticate "in person".  Others have said they did not have to authenticate in person, but VA right hand does not know what left hand is doing.  Many of the experts dont like to answer "when will my check get here" questions, as we simply do not know.    VA often takes their sweet time, but ebenefits will often be your best guess.  

Edited by broncovet

broncovet,

AEW= Audit Error Worksheet. I guess DFAS conducts and Audit before they send to VA.  Once VA gets it they are supposed to initiate any retro pay due.  I do have a ebenefits premium acct. Just not sure where to look for something like this-maybe in payment history?

V/r

WOLF14

Ok, Im assuming you got the BWE.  YOur new disability percentage probably shows up in ebenefits, Im assuming.  

Yes, you can check the "payments" section, but my experience with that is I get the money in my bank before it ever shows up as a "payment" in ebenefits.  

Many Vets can find out first in the AB8 letter.  When you have to go through an audit, that always changes stuff, and, frankly, normally means your retro will be delayed for some time.  However, it sounds like that has been completed, so you may well see your retro amount in payments, and you can always check to see if your "monthly" reflects the "new" amount (after your increase).  What is this increase for? I guess you calculated the retro by:

EAch month, you take the "new amount" and subtract any monies already received (including that in the DFAS audit).  You have to do that over and over, back until your effective date.