Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

c/p exam scheduled after claim rating?

Rate this question

lmoore1436

Question

Just two days ago I found out I got a rating for anxiety and just today I got a call from an independent medical center (contracted from the va) to show up next week for a c/p exam for my anxiety. My question is why would they give me a rating if they didn't think they had sufficient evidence? Or do you think they are just trying to find a reason to lower or cancel my rating for anxiety? I filed two months after my discharge date, and this is the first rating I received.

Edited by lmoore1436

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It is my understanding the C&P Exam is part of the claims process.

Once the C&P exam is completed, your rating will be determined. VHA has 30 days to complete the C&P exam and paperwork back to VBA so they can complete the claim to award benefits.

Congrats on getting to the C&P, I have been fighting with VBA for a year over AD medical records they have had access to from the VA Archives all along which I discovered yesterday afternoon.

USAF-Vet:

How did you get those records....I just made a posting for the same thing...your assistance will be greatly appreciated?  Right after my 1st rating and being awarded bilateral hearing loss...I was sent in for another hearing test which just confirmed the same thing that I had bilateral hearing loss...as first discovered?