Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD exam

Rate this question

Projos

Question

I have a ptsd exam next week, they cancelled the first one!  Yeah need more time to stress out. I was injured during non combat training while deployed to Desert storm, knee injury ended career gave me 20% after fighting with them for 20 years. I have been getting  treatment for bi polar disorder and figured I would apply for ptsd for trauma on right knee,   Now to the question I applied for a sc for bipolar disorder and was immediately denied!  I was given a 70% pension rating without even having a c&p exam???  The upcoming PTSDo exam will be the first that I have ever been to, so not sure how they didn't even consider my bipolar diagnosis as sc??  I am just wondering if at this PTSD hearing if they find I am not qualified as PTSD will they consider my bipolar diagnosis as sc.  I apologize for ranting new here. Thank you guys so much for taking time to help fellow vets!!!!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have a ptsd exam next week, they cancelled the first one!  Yeah need more time to stress out. I was injured during non combat training while deployed to Desert storm, knee injury ended career gave me 20% after fighting with them for 20 years. I have been getting  treatment for bi polar disorder and figured I would apply for ptsd for trauma on right knee,   Now to the question I applied for a sc for bipolar disorder and was immediately denied!  I was given a 70% pension rating without even having a c&p exam???  The upcoming PTSDo exam will be the first that I have ever been to, so not sure how they didn't even consider my bipolar diagnosis as sc??  I am just wondering if at this PTSD hearing if they find I am not qualified as PTSD will they consider my bipolar diagnosis as sc.  I apologize for ranting new here. Thank you guys so much for taking time to help fellow vets!!!!

I thought you only can be rated on one mental disorder?  If you are already rated for Bipolar disorder, they will not give you a rating on PTSD.  The problem you have is when you applied for PTSD, it opens all your mental disorders to be examined including bipolar.  Please be careful at your C&P exam.  The examiner is able to dispute your claim of Bipolar.  Read the boards and you will see that it has happen to many people.  You can walk in that exam with Bipolar as a disability and walkout with nothing...  BE CAREFUL!  My advice and it's only mine...  If you feel you maxed out on one mental disorder, NEVER apply to be rated on another...  Don't give VA and opening to take your rating back.