• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Tim:

A "deferred" rating means you will (supposedly) get your decision letter "later" on that issue because they are missing some key evidence. 

We are not sure what it is VA is missing from your C and P exam.  If you get a copy of it, you may be able to figure it out, or post it here and we will try to help.   

You need 3 things for service connection BEFORE you will get a disability percentage:

1.  Current diagnosis of PTSD (this has to be done by a VA doc for PTSD). 

2.  In service event or stressor verified.

3.  Nexus, or a doc who basicially says your "Ptsd is at least as likely as not due to xxx which happened in the military".

You may be missing one of these 3 things.  Your doc ALSO has to give a reason as to why he offered the opinion he did, and your doc may not have said why.  If you get a copy of your c and P exam, and post it, we may be able to help more.  

"Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking or mood", which mostly resembles 70% disability according to the GENERAL RATING FORMULA FOR MENTAL DISORDERS. The VA's explanation for deferment states, "is deferred for the following information: addendum to VA examination."

Your VA Regional Office is asking the doctor who did your C & P exam for more information.  This information must be by an addendum and the doctor may request you to come in or call you or just write the information in the addendum and send it back to your Regional office.  It could be anything but it is up to the doctor.  If you are not working it could be if VA is trying to find out if you are unemployable due to your PTSD. 

If you have not gotten a letter explaining exactly what evidence is missing (causing it to be deferred), then I humbly suggest you ask VA what evidence they are missing.  You can do this through an IRIS email, a letter to VA, or an email to allison Hickey.  I would try the first two first.  

I know you are over whelmed bud, but it sounds like claim is going well. My last 2 contentions stated differed, and then Wham I was granted 100% Permanent. So it might very well be a good thing. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars