Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Tryglicerides and link to diabetes

Rate this question

waccamawwild

Question

I am a 52 year old type 2 diabetic and served as a Boatwains Mate for four years on board two different frigates. I worked with lots of different paints and solvents which I inhaled and got on my skin on a regular basis. While in the service I have medical evidence that showed I had high triglyceride levels but not diabetes. I have read online that high triglycerides are an early indicator of diabetes. Is there a way to service connect this? I am not worried about the money part of a claim as I am already 100% Permanent and Total. What I am more worried about is DIC benefits if I die as a complication to diabetes. I can't get the VA clinic or VA hospital to help with getting this service connected.Thanks for all your help!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I forgot to add that I was diagnosed with diabetes about 12 years ago by the VA. I am taking oral medication which is glipzide and not on insulin yet. The doctor keeps threatening to put me on insulin because I have high glucose and A1C levels.

Don't know nuthin, but I remember seeing high cholesterol on one or two blood labs in my STR.  Also remember not being told about it, either.