Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim complete but only showing 10% for one of 3 service connected

Rate this question

mike6113

Question

Hey all, I was looking on ebenefits and see that my claim is complete but of the 3 service connected only one for GERD is showing awarded 10%. The rest are heart SVT and Afib (started in service ) and wrist ( broken in service ). Is it possible they will show at a later date or after all the submitted proof and C&P exams did I get nothing  ? Did not yet receive my big brown envelope

I would wait until you get the envelope. Trust me. Ebenefits is not always reliable. I can personally attest to that. I am service connected for one thing and it doesn't show on ebenefits at all and I never got a envelope. I found this out two days ago with 18008271000 or peggy.

I would wait until you get the envelope. Trust me. Ebenefits is not always reliable. I can personally attest to that. I am service connected for one thing and it doesn't show on ebenefits at all and I never got a envelope. I found this out two days ago with 18008271000 or peggy.

I do appreciate it . It can make you nuts if you let it. I gave them med records going back to 1994 including 2 heart ops in 99 and 2007 for the heart and in my in service records my VA doc found a bad ekg from 1990 while in the Usmc . I figure its a lock. I will wait for the package from them. As far as my left wrist well it was broken in service in 91 and have had problems since. In my C and P exam the doc told me it was misdiagnosed and i need to have surgery on the wrist. Again ...why would that be turned down ? I should be used to this it was a 6 yr fight in my appeal for PTSD. But i finally was awarded it. Thanks for the input.

Good luck on the wrist. I have a left wrist that I fractured in boot camp and I had a hell of a fight just to get it service connected at 0%. You can never give up and you have to fight to get anything from the VA. I have been fighting them for over twenty years and I am still fighting them. Never quit and never say die. Use the info here on hadit and you will be fine. Read hadit. Others here are facing and have faced what you are. Learn what works. Research and a good presentation of evidence is key.

When you turned in your claim, did you have any MD provide a nexus saying that these conditions were Service Connected?

it may seem to be a no brainer to those of us w/common sense, but the VA doesn't have regulations covering that.

Edited by pwrslm

When you turned in your claim, did you have any MD provide a nexus saying that these conditions were Service Connected?

it may seem to be a no brainer to those of us w/common sense, but the VA doesn't have regulations covering that.

Yes I did. For all of them. It was alot of work and alot of running aound to get it all put together and then bring it to my primary at VA Northport NY prior to the CP exams.