Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim complete but only showing 10% for one of 3 service connected

Rate this question

mike6113

Question

Hey all, I was looking on ebenefits and see that my claim is complete but of the 3 service connected only one for GERD is showing awarded 10%. The rest are heart SVT and Afib (started in service ) and wrist ( broken in service ). Is it possible they will show at a later date or after all the submitted proof and C&P exams did I get nothing  ? Did not yet receive my big brown envelope

Thank you brothers . i have been thinking about it and all of it was part of a claim for Gulf war non specific. Iam thinking that only the GERD falls under that category. So if the rest were denied i will resubmit them as separate claims. All have nexus , all are service connected in my service med record and all have had C and P exams. So they are complete claims. Once again it should be a no brainer....But as we all know...lol !

Remember if you get denied to gather some evidence to bolster your claim before you submit again. Read hadit posts on what is needed for a successful claim. Since you are 10% you could possibly get it just by going to VA. Just make sure it is good strong evidence.

I got turned down on my left wrist fracture every year or two even though I have good documentation in US Navy medical records showing I had a fracture and was in a cast for 4 weeks. I just kept appointments gathering evidence and resubmitting the claim. Finally after about 10 to 12 years I had a good C&P exam that got me 0% service connection. You just never know when things are going to go your way. It took me more than twenty years to get a mental condition service connected even though I had medical documentation in my US Naval Medical Records. Never give up! That is what they want! They want you to get discouraged and walk away.