Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD MMPI-2-RF

Rate this question

SSGTBarnett

Question

Today I went for my PTSD C&P, the overall exam went well I felt, the examiner spent about 1.5 hours speaking with me which is more time than I had expected. At the end the examiner had me go into an empty conference room and fill out a MMPI-2-RF on pen and paper, I was not prepared to take a written test, as I had mostly read that these exams are speaking with another person, but all in all it wasn't horrible. My questions are, is this common practice to give an MMPI for PTSD? All I can find on the internet is that this test is used to diagnose other mental disorders and not PTSD although it can be used to diagnose anxiety and depression which I am also claiming. Also, the examiner didn't make clear which claim he was assessing for, I was under the assumption that there would be different C&P's for each claim? Or do they group all the mental disorders into one C&P? Thanks for your guys help!

Oh also, the examiner stated I could see his findings in about two weeks online, does anybody know where I would find this?

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should have already taken that test  with VA MH,

They must have missed it?

or the examiner didn't have it,?

I think they use that test to differentiate   the symptoms between PTSD & DEPRESSION..because they only rate on one disability...if you have PTSD they shoud rate on that  but if he thinks its Depression then they rate on that...or the symptoms that lean toward  the higher evaluation.(or there supposed to)

by the examiner mention to you  you can see the ''findings'' in about two weeks   that's how long it takes to see the results,  it could go either way in my opinion?

and usually when an examiner tells you'' its not him who makes the decision''...that in my experience is that the C&P did not go well and a denied decision...but not always the case.

Post-traumatic stress disorder and the MMPI-2.

Author information

• 1Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Battle Creek, Michigan 49016.

Abstract

This study compared the MMPI-2 profiles of 27 veterans diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder with a non-PTSD comparison group of 27 veteran patients receiving inpatient treatment for other mental disorders. Three multivariate analyses of variance were conducted comparing the two groups on the 10 traditional clinical scales, the 12 supplemental scales and the 15 new content scales on the MMPI-2. The PTSD group obtained a mean profile with peak elevations on the F validity scale and on clinical Scales 2 (D) and 8 (Sc). The multivariate analysis of variance comparing the PTSD and non-PTSD groups across the 10 traditional clinical scales was not significant. The multivariate analyses of variance comparing the two groups on the 12 supplemental scales and the 15 content scales were significant. Significant univariate supplemental scale differences were found on the Keane PTSD scale (PK) and the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PS) scale with the PTSD group scoring higher on PK and PS. Significant univariate content scale differences were found for the Anger (ANG) scale with the PTSD group scoring higher. A cut-off score of 28 on the PK scale correctly classified 76% of the overall sample, 67% of the PTSD group and 85% of the non-PTSD-comparison group

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Buck, he never said anything about it not being his decision, so I will remain hopeful that he understood how I've been affected by this. Do you know the website his findings will be able to be viewed, he said it but for the life of me I cannot remember.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have MyhealthyVet

you can wait 3 days and the VA notes should be in it. (your C&P)

I'am not sure why he mention two weeks? unless this was  contracted out from the VA?

.............Buck