Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% PTSD Scheduler and Work?

Rate this question

Bobgeorge

Question

I have been discussing the subject question with a friend.  If you are 100% for PTSD does it make you "unemployable"?  I realize that it would be difficult to work, but does the 100% PTSD rating prevent you from working?

Thank you.

BobGeorge

Something I thought about but I never researched it was there is a difference in a 100% mental health rated veteran working and a 100% mental health veteran being appointed. I know I saw it somewhere but for the life of me can't remember where I saw it and now most of the time when I go looking for it I get side tracked by either my medication or something else.  We all know from the military and in the administration world there is something called "An Exception To Policy".  This is where if our government likes you and you like the government you are in like Flynn and they (the government) will make some provisions for that individual to work or to work and maintain their benefits.  I have seen a lot and I would put nothing past out government. Just like the two senior VA employees who fired or had the government fire their lower employees and took their position yet they kept their own pay and then got relocation pay to boot.  Sh** happens all the time it is just not reported or exposed.

I personally don't see how you can work and be rated 100%for a Mh issue; however, I personally know an individual who is rated 100% for a mental condition PTSD/bipolar and works a full-time job.   I know this to be true because I have seen the letter issued by VA.  How can that be?? Claim was decided in less than 3 months.  

My husband is receiving SSD for MH issue.  SSD evidence was submitted and even had his psych fill out his DBQs for PTSD/MDD along with a formal letter stating that he cannot work and still cannot get the VA to it knowledge his evidence.  Still fighting after 5yrs.  Go figure.

Theresa,
Thank you for putting out the straight information about working with 100% schedular, even for PTSD or other "mental illness" . https://www.hadit.com/can-100-percent-disabled-veteran-work/

How times have changed!  When I tried to pass this information along  in 2009 to members on the old Yuku Veterans Benefits Network site, they banned me from the forum.
https://vetsbenefits.net/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=34421&p=368079#p368079
Who would want to promote the culture of disability over the motivation of our comrades in arms to live a productive life?

Keep up the good work!

Subvet416