Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P TKR

Rate this question

mtmorical

Question

Will the VA request me to do a C&P exam before they approve my temp 100 for the surgery? Had my surgery Dec 2015 for 10% SC right knee do to arthritis, claim went from gathering of evidence to prep for deacons and now back to review of evidence. Just wondering if they have you complete that exam so soon after surgery.

thanks!

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, mtmorical said:

Will the VA request me to do a C&P exam before they approve my temp 100 for the surgery? Had my surgery Dec 2015 for 10% SC right knee do to arthritis, claim went from gathering of evidence to prep for deacons and now back to review of evidence. Just wondering if they have you complete that exam so soon after surgery.

thanks!

I had surgery on 1/6/16 to my right foot due to my s/c left ankle causing the fracture.  I put in an FDC on 1/12/16 for the 100% Temporary Convalesence with my increase to my left ankle, and my PTSD.

On Thursday my FDC closed.  I only had a C&P exam for my PTSD and Left Ankle increase.

I provide a solid IMO from my Podiatrist stating my left ankle was the direct result of my right foot fracture.

I was NWB (non weight bearing) for three months

I was awarded 100% temp conv. for my right foot, even though it was not S/C and I am going to receive SMC house bound for three months too.

So the answer is NO, you do not need a C&P for the temp. conv. but they will have you do one after it to see if your S/C % should go up, stay the same or go down.

I have bilateral TKR's one is SC and the other will be after the remand instructions come down from CAVC, as Navy4life stated it will be after one year to document any residuals of severe pain, loss of ROM, painful scars  etc that can raise your rating to 60%. Mine is also a basis for TDIU... Make sure your legs are the same length after surgery, can be other issues in the long term if not..good luck with your surgery, its a big one :)

Edited by mdrn