Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions From A Lamer

Rate this question

lobo

Question

1- How much money can veteran have in bank and still draw benefits

2-Can a veteran own a home and draw benefits, I own half a home left to me in a special needs trust

from my mother's will :huh:

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

For compensation for a service connected disability there is no limit to how much money you have or make. It is not even a consideration in the decision making process.

For pension purposes there are some limits to how much you can make and your net worth. It doesn't make sense to me. If you earned it you should be paid.

I am 100% disabled, non service connected, you said service connected below, what about non service connected?

Edited by lobo

Guest rickb54

Lobo,

In your case, I think the ceiling is around $17651.00 a year, for single veterans who need aid and attendance. If you make more than this amount the va will offsets the pension. This is about 1470 a month.....

This web page explains the nsc pensions levels.....

http://www1.va.gov/opa/IS1/3.asp

hope this helps.....

• HadIt.com Elder

A Service officer could answer this for you. However verify anything negative I was told that I could have $50,000.00 in assets and still get NSC pension. If you obtain the $50.000.00 During a year you recieve a NSC pension you lose only that year of benefits. If the property is still technically part of the trust it could be a loop hole to your benefit.

I was told that income from my grandfathers living trust will not affect TDIU until I become fully vested and paid off. Then interest and dividends that I earn from money in my own bank account could affect TDIU. This might parallel your trust arraingment if the property is still part of the trust. Ask an SO or get somebody to find these regs. This is a question that rarely comes up on hadit.

Edited by Hoppy

• HadIt.com Elder

During a time period that I rec'd money from my grandfathers trust I was docked dollar for dollar from my NCS pension. Thus, my pension of about 750.00 a month was reduced to 250.00 when I rec'd 500.00 a month from the trust. There is a difference between monthly payments and total assets in the way the VA does there computations. There is an office at the RO that does all the computations and knows all the laws. I do not recall what it was called.

During a time period that I rec'd money from my grandfathers trust I was docked dollar for dollar from my NCS pension. Thus, my pension of about 750.00 a month was reduced to 250.00 when I rec'd 500.00 a month from the trust. There is a difference between monthly payments and total assets in the way the VA does there computations. There is an office at the RO that does all the computations and knows all the laws. I do not recall what it was called.