VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why did they put agoraphobia without panic disorder in my record?

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

My psychiatrist of 10 years transferred last December, I have been waiting to be seen by a new psychiatrist since calling in March to see someone and have my meds redone.  The mental health clinic schedule me with a pharmacist to bridge my meds, I have seen her 3 times.  She is has changed my medication every single time.  I am on xanax, ativan, etc. as well as meds for bipolar and many other sc issues. This pharmacist put in my record that I have agoraphobia without panic disorder.  I clearly have a panic disorder, I have been on anti anxiety meds for at least 10 years, is this so the VA can say it isn't related to my service connected mental health issues?  I also noticed that my future appointment with my new psychiatrist has been canceled, with no new one rescheduled!!   Is  the canceled appointment with no letter, no phone call what is happening to "cook the books" on when we are seen? 

From what you wrote, it sounds like the PharmD is the problem... :ph34r:

Disclaimer: Any suggestions I offer here are based on my experience as a C&P examiner. In addition to asking questions on this board, I recommend that you consult with a veterans service officer, claims agent, or veterans law attorney before making major decisions related to your claim or appeal. 

Mark D Worthen PsyD | Forensic Psychologist | Charlotte, North Carolina | PTSDexams.net (educational site: no ads, no affiliate links)

1 minute ago, Mark D Worthen PsyD said:

From what you wrote, it sounds like the PharmD is the problem... :ph34r:

She is very nice but that doesn't make her a psychiatrist.  She is great about knowing meds, etc. but I have a very strong history of mental health med. problems and my psychiatrist was very experienced with bipolar/anxiety.  He would openly talk to me about treatment and medications.  I have a serious issue with a pharmicist putting something in my diagnosis.  It was her because you can see the dr's name.  She is a doctor, a doctor of pharmacology. ;)  I don't want those words to hurt me from receiving housebound or my husband caregiver benefits in the future.