Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I have claims for pancreatic disease, but that comes more diseases

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Along with  and necrotizing pancreatitis, I also have thrombosis, and blockages to my heart in the Splenic vein/artery. I suffer from severe numbness in my face, especially in the mornings..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splenic_infarction

when I was hospitalized, the VA used chemicals to break the clots in the veins and arteries to my heart. They cannot do surgeries because of the disease is bad, I bleed internally if they touch anything near the pancreas. I get really weak on bad days and very numb in my face and limbs. All of this info says it can lead to a stroke if the thrombosis is bad enough, with the numbness. These are on appeal, and still don't have the BVA decision. I d to tell the neurologist the numbness is getting worse. I don't have a GI follow up for a few more months. They are suppose to cat scan the area e months because of disease. Bu I move from the Southwest Pacific Northwest, the VA changed my appointments to 1/2 of what the surgeons told them I needed.

I have a very hard time walking more then a few minutes, or hot weather, doing easy tasks, too hard to clean around the house, hard  to garden. I try, I try to keep busy. The Summer weather just wipes me out, but I can enjoy cold weather. My body doesn't suffer as much when I am cool or cold. If anyone feels any of these symptoms, let them know, at least it will be part of your medical records. I tried telling them time is not on m side, but it not help speed up any claims. They just don't care if you are in horrible health in the claims process. These diseases are in my records. I know I did pit this in the appeal threads. But, for those that are still in the claims process, the info might you.

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Talk to your Primary Care Provider first.  

If you dont get the results you want, then speak to the patient advocate.  

If these conditions are this bad, you should be 100% if they are Service Connected.  I would seek a competent VSO that can help you with this in your local vicinity.  

• Like I said these are old claims, they are in the last of the appeal stages.. but wanted to say these claims have many other connected health issues, to let others know that one problem often has many other related health problems.... when you file.... as they will not look unless you tell them..