Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On 800#

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

when you call the 800 # go through the recording and it ask if you are calling to verify the status of your claim and then ask for file # recording comes back " We are not able to access your account at this time."

Will you always get this recording? Do you need to talk to some one or will it tell you the status of your claim if you have been rated?

So far we have had to always talk to someone and I am just wondering why the recording will ask for the file # and then say we are unable to access your account at this time. If you have to talk to someone about it I would think that they should remove that part. Just my thought, but is that not why we call once in a while to find out the status.

Thanks for the info

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If the VA has already rated you and you don't have an existing open claim then the recording will tell you the amount you receive per month. It has been a while since I tried this, but I believe it also tells you what percentage you are receiving. :huh:

John- are you hitting one for touch tone , then hitting the "0" on your phone pad?

Reason I ask- I got this mixed up one day and got a weird recording-

Up here in NY the "0" puts you right through to either a robot who says to hold on for a vet rep- or a vet rep picks up the call in a few seconds.

I have never programmed my c file into the phone at all for a status of my claim.

I should have mentioned this also. As Berta says, if you want the status of a current Open claim then you will need to hit "0" and wait to talk with someone. The automated system you talked about is to "verify the status of your disability payments." You may have hit "1" and then "1" again. This recording will give you your current monthly disability payment amount and when it was last paid. If you are not currently receiving disability, this is probably why you are getting this message. I just called and it told me the last payment and when it was paid via direct deposit. I don't believe the automated system will give you any information regarding a open claim.

I should have mentioned this also. As Berta says, if you want the status of a current Open claim then you will need to hit "0" and wait to talk with someone. The automated system you talked about is to "verify the status of your disability payments." You may have hit "1" and then "1" again. This recording will give you your current monthly disability payment amount and when it was last paid. If you are not currently receiving disability, this is probably why you are getting this message. I just called and it told me the last payment and when it was paid via direct deposit. I don't believe the automated system will give you any information regarding a open claim.

Thanks Brandy: We are at the rating board now and thats what I was hoping for but wasn't sure. I call the 800 # once a week and didn't know if I had to talk with someone or if it would give us the info. But now that you said that We can keep trying till it tells us what we get.