VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lifes funny that way

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

recently I responded for an ad on a popular online site to buy, sell, trade, ect... I needed to replace some electronic devices, and met with a guy to purchase them. After talking a bit, I asked what he did and he told me he worked for the VA. I asked exactly what his job was and he informed me that he was a rater in  texas. Very kind and compassonate young man, very helpful and genuinely caring. I noticed a tattoo on his arm that told me his branch of service and in service occupation, I thanked him for his service and then we spoke a bit abt the internal proccesses of the RO, without going into too many specifics.

To cut right to the chase, he told me that the main hold up on most claims, is getting the medical evidence from either the hospital or the records center. He informed me that the contracted exams are no problem, but the medical community in the VA and the ROs have a continuity problem.

With the VACOLS system, they must fill in the blanks, and if there is nothing to put in the blank, the claim gets pushed aside, they attempt to get the info if they know where to find it, but they get the runaround too.

there are abt 108 raters that work the claims at this particular RO. .

Listen up  A claim is started with evidence, evaluated , and won by evidence. BE PROACTIVE IN GATHERING , SUBMITTING, AND CONFIRMING THAT YOUR EVIDENCE IS ON RECORD !!!!!!!

The system doesnt look at you like an individual and make a decision based on kindness, sympathy, need, worthyness, ect. The evidence and having the  VA apply 38CFR laws and rules properly are what wins claims,

Edited by 63SIERRA

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet