Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military Hospital Records

Rate this question

ROMAD

Question

I am trying to find a record of my Clinic visit from Hurlburt Field in 1989. I was sent to sick call because of a shoulder problem from excessive pushups. I was seen by a doctor but there is nothing in my medical records. Would hospitals have a record of this visit and how would I go about getting a copy to support my VA claim for SC shoulder injury. We did push ups everytime we went into a classroom and everytime we left and the pushups we did just because the instructor wanted us to. probably 10,000 in the 90 days i was in tech school. But I have been paying for it ever since. I filed a claim for shoulder injury 6 years ago but was told my medical records did not support the claim. So how do I go about proving it actually happened. Its amazing when you are on active duty you think you can "walk on water and talk to god frequently" only to pay for it later. Youth huh!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I was seen by a doctor but there is nothing in my medical records. Would hospitals have a record of this visit and how would I go about getting a copy to support my VA claim for SC shoulder injury.

ROMAD,

You may do as I did. I sent via the internet, to the St. Louis Archives, for my complete medical records, but I also made sure that I typed in exactly the sheet of paper that I needed.

I gave the date and exactly what the visit was for and everything that I knew about the visit.

Be sure to fax the paper that you need to send back to the St. Louis Archives.

If you need the link for the archives, can send it to you.

Within 2 weeks a technician from the Archives called me, as mine was a missing Request for Transfer, he had it right in his hands.

Since I have been telling the Archives exactly what I needed, I have received so much New and Material Evidence.

These records had been silent for 42 years!!! Most of my life!

In 2004 - it was my Psychiatric Records and a letter by the Commanding Officer of my early discharge, which are new and material.

In July 2006, the Archives located the long lost Request for Transfer.

Tell the Archives - Exactly what you need! I have found them to be generous and helpful.

Hope this helps you,

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine