Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Separation Pay / VA Compensation Pay Question

Rate this question

dragonflyraku

Question

Hi All,

I received the results of the PEB and was discharged 9/27/16 after 5 years of honorable service as an E-5.  The Informal Board Disposition: sep w/sev.; w/o benefits, and Rating of 0%.  The Findings of the PEB said TDRL, 100% rating.  Am I going to receive separation pay, retirement pay, VA 100% pay, or a some combination of these pays?  How does this work?

Edited by dragonflyraku

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Gee, I wish someone else would answer this with more knowledge on this subject, but I will take a guess, anyway.

I think "TDRL" is something temporary.  I think you probably will need to apply at VA.  If you posted the decision, we may be able to answer better....we have to "interpret" your interpretation, and our analaysis cant be better than your interpretation.  This is why lawyers always want to see documents, rather then them interpret our interpretaiton.  

Well put Broncovet.

The post has conflicting info in it.

You could cover your name and any identifying info , scan it and then paste or attach the PEB stuff  here.

It says you were "sep w/sev" ,I think that means  separated with severance  pay, " w/o benefits "--- I think w/o means without ,and a "0" rating but also they gave you a 100% rating.

We cant answer your questions yet...And as Broncovet said, you will have to apply  for any VA Compensation. ...and that is offset to any  severance pay.

A neighbor told me recently he was rated by the Mil (PEB)but never received a dime from the VA...about 15 years ago...and suddenly wanted me to help him because they owe him 'so much'....and he never heard back from 3 lawyers who were helping him....but he didn't know who they were and had never signed anything with them, and never even filed a VA claim.Then he asked me for a loan. :blink: I sent him to the county vet reps.

I mention this because whether they owe you severance pay or not,it would be wise to file the claim VA ASAP!!!!!! The neighbor did not believe me when I told him how long claims were taking.

We have had discussion here many times, even recently on PEBs findings and separation pay etc etc and you need to search CRDP/CRSC info here to see if you would be eligible for one of these programs.

CRDP is automatic. CRSC has to be applied for.

I know.... it is all overwhelming at first ....and .we can help more if we know more.And thank you for your service! 

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.