Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Surprising possibilities of Voc Rehab

Rate this question

sunnyh

Question

Hi all, sorry for getting lost. My increase/tdiu denial & cp examiner's rationale last August messed me up for awhile. I took heed from many on this board and believe I've recovered from being mad at VA. I'm not giving up! I signed up for Voc Rehab on ebenefits last month. The first thing Voc Rehab has you do is to take an online aptitude test at a place called Careerscope. They also send you a packet with an orientation date & time,  a rehabilitation needs inventory form/questionnaire,  and a medical info release form.  

I joined Mr.Ben Krause's  Chapter 31 Voc Rehab Facebook page and purchased his Voc Rehab guide to learn as much as possible from him and other veterans. I'd initially thought, Ok, my regional office denial and the c&p examiner both used the reasoning, 'I should be able to work from home independently,' as why I didn't get an increase or approval for TDIU, so what would Voc Rehab say about my employability? Unemployability?

I barely go anywhere or leave my home due to panic/agoraphobia. I've requested a telephone interview and notified Voc Rehab I cannot attend the group orientation I'm scheduled for in NYC. I don't drive anymore and a friend goes anywhere I go. Friends and family are not allowed in the Voc Rehab group orientation. I hate bridges I'd have to travel across and they make me panic. A city full of people will trigger my panic. Going into a VA building in NYC will trigger my fear of terrorists. Sitting in a room of other veterans will trigger me all over the place. I stress over and hope Voc Rehab gives me a telephone interview.

What started out as one thing has turned into something else though. I viewed Voc Rehab as a shot at countering the C&P examiner saying that 'I could work independently from home,' and made some surprising discoveries instead.

I'm asking myself how I can work independently from home!

Dreaming about my very own photography studio and taking pics of babies/kids and adults is satisfying. I'd love to do it and maybe it would encourage me to function differently.

A photography studio will be my first career choice if I get far enough into Voc Rehab to the point of them requesting a plan from me.

Voc Rehab could help me attain- my independence.

It's no fun sitting at home doing nothing. I'm aimless and hate that. 

Voc Rehab could also tell me I can get an entry level data entry job online.

I don't know what Voc Rehab is gonna do or say in my case.

Edited by sunnyh

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet