VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heart Condition DBQ and Heart Rating

Rate this question

VAW-126

Question

Hello I have a claim in for increase of my SC Heart Condition (CAD) which is currently rated at 10%. My military records show that I had a Myocardial Infarction in Sept 1990 while deployed on the USS John F Kennedy.  I had a C&P exam on Feb 11, 2017 and the examiner did note on the DBQ that I had the MI in Sept 1990. It also appears that the examiner cut/pasted into the DBQ my last appt with my VA Cardiologist (Oct 2016). It says "  CC: 1st visit today. Pt w/ h/o chronic, stable angina - reported chest pain in service in Sept 1990 - Had NL MPI. Has undergone Heart CATHS in 1993 and 2008 which were NL except as noted below - advised he likely has microvascular disease or microspasm or cardiac syndrome X (small vessel disease which causes decreased blood flow in my LAD which in turns cause chest pain). Pt has noted intermittent chest pain for over 25 years with a average of 3 episodes of chest pain per month and the chest pain occurs at rest and during sleep and or with activity and that he uses 1 nitro tab to relieve the pain. I was just hospitalized in Dec 2016 for chest pain which was prior to me filing this increase claim. My question is due to the fact that it is noted that I experience my chest pain at rest and or while sleeping should I be rated at 100% for my heart condition. I also have cardiac arrhythmia and a mitral valve condition and cardiac hypertrophy. My last nuclear stress test show my ejection fraction to be 60-65%  but the Medical Expert (A Doctor for the Social Security Administration) testified that even though my ejection fraction is 60-65% it looks good for me but is certainly not a perfect condition for my type of cardiac diagnoses. However,  the C&P examiner noted that a true METS can't be established because of me not being able to do the stress test on a treadmill because of my SC heart and back conditions. So will the rater look at the fact that it is documented that my chest pain occurs at rest and grant me the 100% rating? Also the Social Security Administration found me to be disable due to my SC Heart and Back Conditions.

Edited by VAW-126

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet