VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So I had a neuropsych test just two weeks ago diagnosis severe TBI residuals with Exacerbated ADHD this was done at the VA in Coatesville. This has been my third test in ten years I've never filed for ADHD since it was a childhood issues that I thought wasn't there. Is this something I can file for as secondary to my TBI? Or will they lump it together with my TBI even though the VA recognized it when I was a child? Also he diagnosed me with PTA and said he sees why I'm aggravated with them lumping my PTSD when I have no memory of my accident... going through the appeal decisions does this mean  b) If so, whether there is clear and unmistakable evidence that any preexisting ADHD disorder was not aggravated (i.e., permanently worsened beyond the natural progress of the disease) by military service. iii) If there is not clear and unmistakable evidence of (a) and (b) above, is at least as likely as not (a probability of 50 percent or greater) that any current ADHD disorder began in or is related to active military service, to include aggravation by any in-service STBI so file for ADHD?

Testing results: 

IMPRESSION: Mild neurocognitive disorder due to TBI ADHD, per history

Mr. Frei has a history of severe TBI which has resulted in significant cognitive and functional impairments. He is unable to perform in his usual work as an aircraft mechanic and he has difficulties in his personal and social functioning as well. His severe TBI appears to be the primary factor in his current
cognitive and emotional presentation. However, his history of ADHD and current emotional distress likely contributes partly to his cognitive difficulties. 

I've never filed for ADHD also in 2011 one year after my exit the VA diagnosed with me ADHD and put me on Stattera 40mg and then 20mg so I didn't become over fatigued due to my TBI which then in 2011 my sTBI wasn't service connected. I've never hid the fact about my childhood ADD when I enter in service and since I got a 79 on the Asvab it wasn't an issue.

IMG_3491.JPG

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Posted Images

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet